How Is Florida Surgery Center Different from a Hospital?
Because a hospital must be staffed and equipped to treat all types of medical problems, it provides a much broader range of service that current needs, require. Since Florida Surgery Center is designed exclusively for outpatient surgery, we are able to offer patients convenient, comfortable, and generally a less-costly alternative to a hospital. The center's warm surrounding and increased level of individual attention minimize the stress often associated with surgery. You will be released within hours of surgery to complete your recovery in the comfort of your home. Our pleasant atmosphere and special attention are particularly helpful in easing the fears of children who are scheduled for surgery.
Reduced cost is another advantage of the surgery center. Since your care does not demand an extended stay, your cost will be significantly lower than if you had the same procedure performed as a hospital inpatient.
However, the center is similar to a hospital in these respects:
- A highly skilled team of anesthesiologist, registered nurses and other qualified medical personnel specially trained in surgical and recovery care supports your surgeon.
- Our surgical suites are equipped with sophisticated monitors and highly technical equipment and instrumentation.
- The Standards of care required by Medicare and surgical governing bodies are strictly adhered to. Florida Surgery Center is licensed by the State of Florida and Accredited by AAAHC.
Physicians and other healthcare professionals designed Florida Surgery Center with your well-being in mind.
Our Goals at Florida Surgery Center are to:
- Deliver warm, personalized care to elective, out-patient surgery clients in the Nothern Virginia community.
- Provide clinical expertise for consistently high quality care that improves the quality of life for our patients, exceeding the patients' (and their families') expectations.
- Create and maintain an environment that fosters our staff and physician skills and abilities, working collaboratively to provide efficient, cost-effective services.
Florida Surgery Center is committed to providing the highest quality care and services possible. We are participants in HCA's national quality improvement measurement program, "Best Practices." This program measures data on a monthly basis, compares it to other surgical centers nationwide, and then reports back to us where we stand in comparison. Florida Surgery Center also participates in the Federated Ambulatory Surgery Center Association programs. This organization is nationally recognized, and also gathers data, comparing and sharing results with their members nationwide Questions you might ask when choosing a surgery center for your outpatient procedure:
- Are you currently licensed by the state of Virginia to provide ambulatory surgical services? Including pediatric and geriatric patients? Including all types of anesthesia?
- Are you an approved Medicare provider?
- Are you fully accredited by JCAHO or AAAHC?
- Do you have an ongoing Quality Improvement and Risk Management Program?
- Are the Post Anesthesia Care nurses ACLS certified?
- Who is the owner of the surgical center?
- What type of emergency equipment is available?
- Are the Pediatric Post Anesthesia Care nurses PALS certified?
- Does the center have emergency and regular equipment for all age patients?
- What is the center's preventative maintenance program?
Why Here vs. Hospital?
Your Doctor is performing your procedure at Florida Surgery Center for the following reasons
- Reduced Costs: The surgery center offers care at economical rates. Reduced overhead, and careful monitoring of supply and equipment costs are reflected in low charges for your surgery.
- Faster Recovery: After a brief recovery time at the facility, you return to the comfort of your own home. Most people find that they heal much quicker and are able to return much more quickly to work and family commitments.
- Safety and Convenience: Florida Surgery Center offers convenient, free parking and a ground level entrance.